For the hotel ELECTRA PALACE RHODES***** (Ialysos Rhodes)
The General Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer (C.O.O.) and will be responsible for the proper and smooth hotel operation.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Supervision of the daily operations of the hotel.
- Planning and supervision of overall activities, to ensure the smooth and profitable operation of the hotel unit.
- Monitoring of the hotel’s budget, revenue, and expenses, to maximize profitability.
- Daily involvement in all aspects of hotel operations and responsibility for complaints handling, as well as formulation of guest experience strategy and application of relevant reporting.
- Key reference point for employees, customers, and external suppliers.
- Cultivation of positive work environment and continuous communication with the administrative team and personnel.
- Ensuring that the health and safety standards are met, and regulations are followed.
The job’s purpose is to enhance customer satisfaction, loyalty retention and generate clientele, while improving the hotel’s reputation.
- 4 to 5 years minimum proven experience in the Luxury Hotel Industry. Experience in Hospitality as a General Manager or Head of Department, either in Front-Office or Sales & Marketing or F&B Operations.
- Hotel Manager with experience in several areas of hotel operations (Rooms, Sales & Marketing, F&B Operations, Product Development.) Involvement in the construction phase and opening of a new hotel and launching new hotel projects will be considered a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of other languages will be considered as an asset.
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant legislation and directives.
- Experienced user of MS Office.
- Knowledge of hotel property management software (PMS).
- Excellent customer service skills, as well as entrepreneurial thinking.
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Reliability, multitasking, ability to perform under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- BSc in Business Administration, Hotel Management/Hospitality Management, or related field.
- Master’s Degree in business administration (MBA) or Hotel Management will be considered as an educational advantage.
- Team player and strong leadership skills.