In accordance with the Greek government’s decision to suspend the operation of all tourist accommodation until April 30th, 2020, we are temporarily ceasing our operations in all Electra properties for the first time in 55 years.
We would like to extend our warmest thoughts to the people who have been affected by this unfortunate event and our deepest appreciation to the healthcare workers and local communities who are fighting against the virus.
Please know that we are vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation around the clock. For up-to-date information and further details, please refer to Discover Greece detailed information
In this climate, we know travel may not be your first thought, but we want you to know the safety of our guests and associates is our top priority. We want to thank you in advance for putting your trust in Electra Hotels & Resorts as you plan for future travels. Below is an update on what we are doing, keeping your safety top of mind.
Cancellation policy & booking flexibility
Given the flexibility our guests and customers need right now we have implemented the followingpolicies:
- We have amended our BASIC CANCELLATION POLICY from 48 hours to 24 hours free cancellation TILL June 30th, 2020
- For NON REFUNDABLE BOOKINGS we are waiving cancellation fees for all existing bookings from March 12th, 2020 till April 30th, 2020 (inclusive)
In case of any missing information OR if you wish to reschedule your trip please contact or reservations team (email@example.com) for assistance.
Any FLEXIBLE reservations you make booked between today and April 30th , 2020 for any future arrival date, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
- Travel Agents, Online Travel Agents, Tour Operators
For individual bookings made for stays from March 12th until April 30th 2020 through a travel agent or online booking platform (e.g. Booking.com, Expedia) please contact them directly – we have advised these Suppliers of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions. Electra Hotels will not proceed with any charges within this period.
- Groups & Meetings Bookings
We will work with customers to manage any changes needed to Group & Meeting bookings on a case-by-case basis. Our hotels are actively supporting groups and meetings organizers to address the needs of each group, including moving event dates to another time, in line with terms and conditions of that booking. Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For any issues you might be facing regarding your reservation, or if you wish to reschedule your reservation or event please contact us via email (email@example.com)
Health & Safety
Employees & associates
Hotel employees are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hand HygieneProper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing TrainingIn addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real Time InformationElectra Hotels & Resorts’ corporate teams are on standby 24/7 to support the hotels and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
Cleaning Products and Protocols
We work with our partners and suppliers to make sure our hotels can use virus-killing products as well as the protective equipment they need for their operations. Our hotels use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Public Spaces Hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators (and elevator buttons), door handles, public bathrooms and room keys.
- Guest Rooms Hotels use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Back of House In the spaces where associates work we have increased the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker room, laundry rooms and staff offices.
- Food & BeveragesHigh standards of food safety and hygiene according to HACCP procedures
Electra Rewards members
As COVID-19 affects travel plans around the world, we believe our Electra Rewards members deserve to use the points that they have acquired and should not be penalized due to circumstances out of their control. As a result:
- We are suspending points expiration policy by 9 months, effective March 1, 2020.
- We are reducing the Gold and Silver membership criteria required this year by 30% or more
- We have also extended our Gold and Silver status of our members through March 2022, for those that would have expired March 2021.
When the time is right, we’ll be there for you.
Till then we can all dream!
Till then #staysafe
Message from our CEO, Yiannis Retsos
Updated March 23rd 2020