At Electra Hotels, the festive holiday season is one of our favourite times of year. The cities of Athens and Thessaloniki are dressed in sparkles and bright lights, holiday tunes play on the public speakers, the smell of specialty coffees and local sweet treats fill the air while everyone is afoot, shopping for decorations and holiday gifts whilst enjoying the festive urban ambiance at every opportunity. At our city hotels, we take holiday festivities one step further. Making the best use of our rooftop restaurants and the mostly clear skies Greece’s mild, winter weather provides, we cordially invite you to indulge yourselves to the brim with us this festive season. If you are the type of person who prefers to be spoiled by dining out during Christmas and New Year’s, then we have the ultimate festive treat for you.
Festive holidays in Athens by Electra Hotels
All three of our Athens city hotels are busy preparing to welcome you for days and nights full of festive flavour and holiday cheer. Our splendid rooftop restaurants that command striking views of the surrounding landmarks will be transformed into the ultimate festive settings with a warm ambiance and joyous atmosphere, accompanied by the holiday sounds of either live music sets or DJ sets. Children are most welcome to join in on our culinary festivities too, while those aged between 5-11 years of age can enjoy special rates.
Culinary festivities at a glance
Choose your preferred dining setting for your desired festive event either for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day and let us shower you in sparkles and delicious festive menus full of indulgent flavours.
- Electra Hotel Athens in Syntagma Square is hosting two festive evening dinners happening on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve at the stunning X floor Restaurant that boasts lovely views onto the Acropolis and Lycabettus hill.
- Electra Metropolis Athens on Mitropoleos Street will host both festive Eve dinners too at its gorgeous Metropolis Roof Garden but also Christmas and New Year’s Day meal celebrations in the form of sumptuous buffet spreads full of holiday cheer.
- Electra Palace Athens in Plaka celebrates both Christmas Day and New Year’s Day too in addition to the Eves, with served dinners at the spectacular Electra Roof Garden with Acropolis and lovely skyline views of the city.
More holiday happenings to enjoy in Athens during the festive season
- The city’s Christmas tree adorns Syntagma square.
- Find a quirky café that becomes a Christmas wonderland on Pittaki street.
- A wonderful Christmas market takes place at Technopolis in Gazi area.
- A range of Christmas shows at the Christmas Factory in Galatsi and orchestrated musical shows at Megaron Theatre Hall.
Contact the Electra Hotels team for advice and recommendations on what more to experience in Athens city during the holiday season.
Festive holidays in Thessaloniki by Electra Hotels
The emblematic building on Aristotelous Square that houses Electra Palace Thessaloniki is one that is often frequented by locals too in addition to guests passing by the city. Staying on the most iconic square of the city comes with a plentitude of perks. Aristotelous Square becomes a sparkling, glistening hub of holiday activity during the festive season, allowing guests to have front row seats to all the happenings from their balconies, yet enjoying the private comfort of their room or suite.
Culinary festivities at a glance:
The sensational roof garden restaurant Orizontes becomes the ultimate setting for a festive feast coupled with the best city and sea views, accompanied by the soothing sounds of a live music group playing holiday tunes. Children are welcome to become a part of the Electra festivities, with those aged between 5-11 years of age can enjoy special rates.
- Christmas Eve celebrations come in the form of an indulgent, 5 course dinner while New Year’s Eve celebrations bring 7 festive courses to your table.
- Christmas Day and New Year’s Day is celebrated in a festive buffet-style that lets you feast till your heart’s content.
More holiday happenings to enjoy in Thessaloniki during the festive season
- Explore the urban magic of Christmas at Aristotelous Square, the center of all festive happenings in Thessaloniki city.
- The city’s Christmas tree adorns its center.
- A quaint Christmas market surrounds it.
- A grand musical show will take place on New Year’s Eve, with a fireworks show in Thermaikos Gulf.
Contact the Electra Hotels team for advice and recommendations on what more to experience in Thessaloniki city during the holiday season.
Whichever city the holiday season finds you in, at Electra Hotels we go above and beyond to ensure your Athens and Thessaloniki stay with us will be nothing short of a memorable Christmas story full of holiday magic, festive sights, sounds and flavours.